Monday, May 7, 2012

Kick the Wedding Stress



I get a lot of e-mails, many of which have to be tended to, even when there is little time to do it. It's overwhelming when half of the emails are from people who want something from me. (Note that I'm not complaining - helpful bloggers make the virtual world go round - but my brain starts to hurt after reading the fifth e-mail asking me to post about this new product or link to that new article.) It's a similar ride for those who have to plan a wedding. Everybody wants something from them - decisions to be confirmed, deadlines to be met, plans to be finalized, and money to be handed over.

If the constant neediness is a drain on your motivation, then remember to take a moment to de-stress. Everyday, if possible. I have been finding relief by hitting the gym and getting into a good cardio routine again, but you might find that just a quick walk around the block while listening to your favorite song is enough to send your spirits higher.

Here are a few other ways to combat the stressful blues:

Yoga Journal

A long, fun list of ways to reduce stress

Using imagery in mental stress management 

But this is the best way!!! 


 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I try to journal every day or at least a couple of times every week. It's my de-stresser because it gives me time to analyze what I've accomplished and where I'm going.

Google Analytics Alternative