Friday, November 19, 2010

Eco Honeymoons + Getting Too Close to Nature

I spent my honeymoon in a place that was as just as close to nature as the Pacuare Lodge (shown below). It was absolutely beautiful and there were mornings I woke to light-footed lizards and fascinating frogs scampering around our cottage. But on a romantic evening out at an on-the-dock kind of restaurant, I got a little too close to nature. I was enjoying my meal when all of a sudden I felt something resembling tiny little toothpicks quickly scampering up my leg. I think some part of me realized that whatever was on me was fairly large, so I screamed and jumped in an effort to shake off said toothpick-leg thingy. After coming to my senses, I looked around to realize that the entire restaurant, which was quite small and intimate, was staring at me. No joke, folks. Right then a waiter rushes over and promptly stomps on what I can only describe as the cockroach's exotic, evil twin, but bigger and uglier and scarier and creepier... you get my point.

Anyway, I love nature. Just not that kind of nature. I still totally advocate an eco-honeymoon and the Pacuare Lodge looks so beautiful!

Imagine having your own treehouse honeymoon suite!


Hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative