Friday, April 23, 2010

Consign, Donate, or Keep Your Gown?


photos courtesy of WhiteXchange, photography by Jeremy Lawson Photography

I think I am going to either donate or consign my wedding gown. I want to donate it, but with the baby coming, and with it being wedding and shower season, we honestly need the money so consigning it is a tempting option. Of course, I'm having a little girl and a part of me keeps thinking she might want to wear it on her wedding day, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen. After all, will it really be in style in twenty plus years?

If you're considering the consignment route, check out WhiteXChange. For each gown that is consigned through their online store, they will plant a new tree. Hurry up and dust off that gown though because this special is only good for the month of April. See more details.


Boston Brides: Win a day with Faxon Green at Beantown Bride!

Ooohh! I feel famous! Thank you to The Huffington Post for listing this blog as a green wedding resource!

Real Wedding: Did you see this awesome greenhouse wedding on Ritzy Bee! Simply charming!

Songs you shouldn't play at your reception on Aisle Dash. I don't agree with this list, but it's a good idea to start thinking about what you do NOT want played at your wedding.

Inspiration: The fabulous Ashley Baber (props to another Atlanta wedding professional) has a special Earth Day inspiration board featured on the Eco-Beautiful Weddings blog!


4 comments:

Dream Wedding Italy said...

I actually seriously wish my mum had kept her wedding dress... it was beautiful, and just my size! I guess it depends on the style... if it's super on trend it probably won't be in style, but if it's something of a classic you never know...

forget.me.knot.weddings said...

Thx for the tip this is a great call!

ashley said...

Thank you so much for the link love!

April said...

I think it would be nice to keep the wedding gown but times have changed.Yeah I'm thinking of consigning it too. These are tough times...

Google Analytics Alternative