Monday, November 23, 2009

Healthy Monday: Thanksgiving Sides


Hope you had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to a not-too-stressful Thanksgiving. If Thanksgiving and stress always go hand in hand for you, it's important to remember to keep up your nutrition during what is typically considered the beginning of Holiday madness. Stress can affect your immune system, so don't slack on getting your veggies and try to find at least 30 minutes for exercise. In charge of the menu this year? Try serving up some healthy side dishes, courtesy of Wholeliving.com. And if you're not in charge of the menu, well, then all I can say is good luck staying away from the delicious sweet potato souffle with the gooey marshmallows and crispy cinnamon... Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my mouth.

Clockwise: Roasted Winter Squash and Apple Soup, Green Beans with Golden Raisins, Hearty Garlic Greens, Cranberry Pear Sauce

All photos by MarthaStewart.com

3 comments:

GM said...

I'm not preparing our Thanksgiving meal but that squash and apple soup looks delicious! Thanks for the recipes :o)

Null said...

I love tossing squash (umm, super healthy) into a bit of Grade B maple syrup and roasting. Avoid using Grade A, which I think tends to have more sugar, less maple flavor.

I zest a bit of lemon on top to cleanse the palate. Syrup can get cloying.

dining furniture said...

Hearty dishes for the Thanksgiving! My parents would love this because they are starting to get conscious with their health.

Google Analytics Alternative