Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers in the states. Whether this means sitting at a crowded family table while you fight with Aunt Mildred over your mom's famous stuffing, or simply enjoying Chinese take out with your sweetie, it's a time to relax and indulge. Personally, I am thankful for the many, many wonderful people in my life. I am thankful for my loyal blog readers. And I am thankful for my neighbors, who have already decorated their entire house in Christmas lights. I don't mind lights, but one holiday at a time people!

We'll be on a mini hiatus until Tuesday, December 1st. Until then, I've compiled a list of mainly random, but entertaining websites and articles. If you're working the skeleton crew over the holidays, then hopefully these will ease your pain!

Clay Hill Farm, a beautiful Maine venue and restaurant, is hosting an amazing green wedding giveaway. Contestants are asked to share their story in any form they wish (poem, painting, video, story, etc...), but don't take too long as all entries must be received by January 1st. Check out the Eco-Wedding blog of Dream Green Weddings for more info!

Fan of tofurkey? Grist samples four meatless turkeys and reports back the goods.

Play games right in your browser with OMGPOP

Love the Clueless Crafter's latest post: Elsa Maxwell's quotes for Thanksgiving

New York Magazine's Shop-O-Matic Bridesmaid's Dresses

Feeling sleepy? Want to listen to some calming music? Musicovery lets you play music based on your mood.

I have to admit, it took me a minute to get this one.

And last but not least, come join the facebook fan page of Earthly Affair, which is the company that this blog officially represents.

3 comments:

Null said...

Happy Thanksgiving back to you!

I am bringing tape to the table so that I don't say anything that may get me in the naughty chair;-)

kimberly said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

I'm hoping I get to sit at the kids table for a bit of silliness fun!

dining set said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! I would like to thank you for all the wonderful posts!

Google Analytics Alternative