Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Buying Vintage Saves Money and The Earth!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I absolutely adore the idea of a vintage wedding dress. There is something about it that is so soft and feminine and yet so unique at the same time. The earth friendly benefit to buying vintage is that you're reusing old stuff, not to mention putting a silent smack down on the low quality, mass produced clothing industry. If you buy vintage, you'll most likely have to get your dress tailored to fit you, but you'll also probably spend much less than you would on a contemporary wedding dress. Check out Posh Girl Vintage. They have some really beautiful bridal dresses.

8 comments:

Lyn said...

i wish i had found your blog before getting married. this is great!

Anonymous said...

When I was getting married I went to all of the local shops and just couldn't find my style (it was five years ago when plan and strapless was in). At one of the local shops there was this beautiful dress on display and when I asked about it the owner said that it was a vintage dress that she had for years and she would probably end up putting it away in a box or giving it away. I got the dress for $200! It was perfect.

Jennifer said...

Wow! That's awesome! Vintage is definitely the way to go!

bunnybride said...

We are trying to do this for the groom because finding affordable, green, and good looking suits has been quite a trial thus far! So far the few vintage and many thrift stores we have visited in our region have not been that great for him. :(

Jennifer said...

Hmm..That's unfortunate BunnyBride. I never really thought about it, but I can understand how it would be hard for a guy to find fashionable vintage suitable for his own wedding. I'll have to do some research on eco-friendly wedding attire for men and I'll let you know what I find.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just wanted to mention that www.BollOrganics.com is a great resource for men's organic cotton dress shirts, fyi.
emily
www.ecochicweddings.com

Jennifer said...

Wow! Thanks so much Emily! I'll definitely have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

beautiful dress, and nice blog :)

Google Analytics Alternative