Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stop SOPA!


I am pretty against SOPA, the "Stop Online Piracy Act," and since today seems to be the day to protest it, I am hopping on the bandwagon. It's not that I don't care about online piracy or copyright infringement, but this is one of those things that I feel might go a little too far. Although not explicitly stated, the act was really created to protect movie studios and record labels, but it gives the American government an immense amount of control over the internet, as well as the type of material it's users can view. I don't think that's a door we want opened.

Not to mention, it would be really nice if they would put this on hold and focus on some more important things right now - like our ailing economy. Then again, record labels and movie studios have a whole lot of money to spend on lobbyists and I guess it's pretty important that our lawmakers keep them happy. *Rolls eyes and sighs.*

Here is how you can help stop it.

Congress' stand on SOPA and PIPA


Back tomorrow with regularly scheduled programming from Eco and Elsie!



No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative