Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Non Wedding Related Rant


This isn't related to weddings, but I thought it might be interesting to my readers. It's all about a small town business and a big corporate...(I'm going to refrain from saying the word "bully" here, but I can't think of a better word). Here's the story in a nutshell: For nearly a decade, a guy in Vermont creates screen printed shirts, by hand, in a shop he and his wife built above the garage. He cares about supporting his local economy and sources his t-shirts from an environmentally responsible company. When he tries to trademark the phrase he's been screen printing on his shirts for the last ten years, an Atlanta based corporation tries to shut him down. 

The t-shirt phrase (and company) in question: "Eat More Kale

The corporation trying to stop it: Chick Fil A, whose ad campaigns feature cows who write, "Eat Mor Chikin."



All politics aside, it's a pretty awesome shirt, yes? I mean, shouldn't we all be eating more kale

It pains me to say this, because I really love Chick Fil A. I love their sweet tea. I love their buttery chicken biscuits. I love their brownies. They are an Atlanta staple and quite popular in the South. But c'mon guys? Really? There isn't even a Chick Fil A in Vermont! Leave the dude alone. And I don't think anyone is about to confuse kale with chicken. Sheesh.

So what do you think? Is this corporate bullying? If you think so, sign the petition


(photo from EatMoreKale.com)

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative