Thursday, April 23, 2009

Non-Toxic Nail Polish

Ever since I read about the plethora of chemicals that exist in most beauty products, I've been a bit squeamish about them, specifically nail polish. (It's so permanent and removing it is such an unpleasant process.) So, I was twittering today with Bridal Buzz and the topic of eco-friendly nail polish came up. She asked if any existed and I was happy to do a little digging. I visited Skin Deep, the cosmetics database, and found that Acquarella is one the least hazardous nail polishes you can wear. It doesn't contain ingredients linked to cancer or developmental/reproductive toxicity, like some other polishes do. And they have a pretty nice array of colors to choose from. I'm kind of on a blue kick right now, so I'm loving the blue. However, I don't think it would look that good with my skin color. Perhaps for a bride though, it's a cute way to work in the "something blue?"



2 comments:

Kristin said...

Great find, I'm loving my options here! As much as I'd like to be free and clear, my toe nails feel funny being naked! :)

Linda Ly said...

I've always been a huge fan of spa ritual. They offer quite a few colors, are reasonably priced and they're 100% vegan.

Google Analytics Alternative