Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Eco-Friendly Groom's Gift

When I was about 2 months away from my wedding day, my dad asked me, "So what are you getting Jeff (my now husband) as a wedding day present." I promptly responded, "huh?" I realized in the craziness of all the planning, I hadn't even thought about the fact that I might want to get him something to commemorate the occasion. So I decided upon a watch. I was worried it was a boring gift, but it has a classic, timeless (pun intended!) quality. Plus, there's just something about men and watches. Most men love 'em. So I spent HOURS, dragging my mom across the entire mall, looking for the perfect watch. (I know my mom reads this, so thanks for being so patient!) Long story short, the watch was a hit and hubby still wears it when he needs a classic watch.

So if you think you might like to follow in my footsteps, and you have more money than me ($475 to be exact) this would be an uber cool gift for your groom. The Ray is (supposedly) the first ever eco-friendly watch, handmade out of sustainably harvested ebony wood, uses no batteries, and comes with a five year warranty. They only made 1000 of these puppies though, so supplies are limited.

Yes, I did my research and the Ray is not without its "green" issues - check out treehugger for their review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, we love these! How amazing ... and so modern feeling :)

Google Analytics Alternative