Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rock On!

Danny Seo plays to everything I love about being green. Specifically, he's a great "re-purposer," (is that even a word?) which I love, although he's amassed quite a talent for redefining the world of stylish and green. Personally, I love his blog. I once found this nifty little tip on it and have been a big fan ever since. But anyway, I was catching up on my blog reading and I came across this post, involving the re-use of river rocks. I believe I've mentioned the idea of using river rocks or stones as placecards before, but Danny offers up a little twist to the concept. At the end of the party, you can have guests sign and date them and then store them in a mason jar, so that you always have a little reminder of all your friends and family who attended. If possible, why not have them write little notes too? It's a guest book you could actually display in your home once the wedding is over!

And how about this idea? As shown in the top picture, Danny took Indonesian blue pebbles, tossed them with about 15 drops of essential oils, displayed in a vintage candy dish and VOILA! Beautiful, scented, aromatherapy rocks! Not just a great idea for the home, but for the wedding as well. Display in only a few places though, too much could result in an overwhelming sensory experience.

1 comment:

Melissa DiStefano said...

Love the pebbles and the rings! Great posts this week!!!

Google Analytics Alternative