Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Using Vintage Tablecloths?

I recently learned how to use my sewing machine! So far I have managed to sew a straight line on an old pair of pajama shorts. Hey, I didn't have any fabric - I had to use something. But it's a start, right? I'm thinking of making a tablecloth. I figure it can't get any easier than a tablecloth. I started looking at vintage fabrics and I was awakened to a whole new world of vintage tablecloth collecting. If you're responsible for providing your own linens at your wedding venue, have you considered purchasing vintage tablecloths?
Photo Credit (Clockwise): Blue Vintage, Vintage Eames, Vintage Tablecloth

5 comments:

Sara [avantwed.com] said...

Nice work on the sewing machine! I love the fabrics ... I would love to have one, but not sure how much I would really use it - worth the investment? Love the fabrics...!

Michael and Anna Costa said...

Beautiful patterns!

Naiads and Jaguars said...

Wow. Your blog is beautiful and full of so many good ideas. Thank you!!!

Ms M said...

I love the blue and white fabric!

Alicepub Wedding Blog said...

These tablecloths look vintage and inspirational. I quite like the first blue one, as I think this tablecloth may add some distinctive and special elements to the wedding setting with some floral design.

Google Analytics Alternative