Thursday, November 1, 2007

A little sadder....

I have to admit, I debated posting about this. I was sitting at my desk today, successfully avoiding work, when I came across a video of dolphins being mercilessly slaughtered in Taiji, Japan (featured because Hayden Panettiere is one of the activists) and I was suddenly exposed to this horrible world where fisherman brutally kill approximately 23,000 defenseless dolphins each year. I quietly sat in my cube, my mouth agape, hand on my head, tears coming down my cheeks. I honestly couldn't believe it. Again, I debated putting it here because it's a much heavier tone than what I usually post. But I just couldn't let this one go. Perhaps it was the video and/or my affinity for dolphins, but it left my heart heavy and sad and I wanted to do what I could to help bring attention to it. You can click here to see the video or click here to visit the organization who helped film it. Please also sign the petition. It only takes a second and you can do it anonymously if you want. Even if just one of you sign it, then I'll know posting this was worth it.

Okay, I promise my next post will be a much happier one!

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative