Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Earth Friendly Wedding Venues


Being a "green" bride definitely comes with more responsibility and creativity than most would imagine. The eco bride has to maintain a conscious awareness of every decision she makes for her wedding. "Where is the food coming from? Is it organic? Local? Do my vendors recycle? How do I minimize the impact my traveling guests will have on the environment?" Let's face it, wedding planning is complicated, involved, and time consuming. Throw in some environmental awareness into the stew and your head will probably start spinning. Unless you've got something like Serenbe Farms on your side. Although I live in Georgia, I'm surprised I've heard very little of Serenbe, which is located less than an hour's drive south of Atlanta. Tucked amidst suburbia, on 65,000 acres of woods, gardens, creeks, and pastures, lies an organic garden, restaurants, a bed and breakfast, 12 miles of hiking trails, a meditation labyrinth, an animal farm, and guest cottages. In hindsight, I wish I had known about this place while planning my wedding. I would have at least liked to visit. If you're located in the Southeast, I personally think this would be a great place to have a wedding. Visit Serenbe online for more detailed information. In the meantime, I'll see if they have any more pictures they can give me to show you all!

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative